The early settlers of Belfast made provisions for a burying place as part of the first division of the land. In 1769, 10 acres of land on the east side was set aside for a meetinghouse and graveyard. The original cemetery has been recently restored and is now accessible to the public. It is particularly beautiful in the fall.
Location: 46-52 Belmont Avenue in Belfast, Maine (continuation of Main Street).